11.24.2008

thankful.

yesterday in her sunbeam class, sydney was asked to draw a picture of what she is thankful for. 


this is what she came up with.

not mom.
not dad.
not plenty of food to eat.
not a warm house.

nah, she is most thankful for....wall-e and his friend. 

marc and i couldn't stop laughing.

while we're on the subject...i am thankful too. for so very much.

i am thankful for my health, my home and my happiness.
i am thankful my faith, my family and my friends.

i am thankful for the tiny hand prints that show up on my freshly cleaned stainless appliances. because i know one day they'll be gone and i'll miss them. 

i am thankful for everyday i get to spend being a wife and mother. certainly not the most glamorous job in the world...but no question the most rewarding and fulfilling job i've ever had.

what are you thankful for?

3 comments:

val said...

That is too cute, Sydney! And I love your Thankful list, Jill. What a great Mama you are!

The Venutis said...

She is such a good little artist -- I love the things they think of. Hillarious.

The Lund's said...

Oh gosh Syd- I am thankful for Walle and his friend Eve too. It gives me an hour and a half of peace and quiet while my kids eyes are glued to the movie.