4.09.2009

a new leaf.


i can't tell you how happy i am right now.


my sweet little syd is back. 

many of you are familiar with my challenges with syd. and if you aren't, be glad, because that means you didn't have to listen to me vent my frustration. 

she's fiercely independent, super-smart, strong-willed and compassionate beyond measure.....but the girl can throw a tantrum that would rival anything you've ever witnessed. 

there were days when i considered taking advantage of that law where you can anonymously drop your child off at any hospital with no questions asked. really, it was that bad!

but, i am hopeful when i say that i think we may have turned the corner.

honestly, i am convinced that since we've uncovered the root of her chronic health problems, she clearly feels better physically and thus has improved emotionally.

not to take any credit away from her, but i've made a concerted effort to improve my attitude toward her as well. i am praising her for even the littlest thing she does well and rewarding her positive behavior.

tonight, as she was saying her prayers, she told her Heavenly Father how glad she was that she didn't even be mean to mom one time today. 

how sweet is that?

i am encouraged at the new direction our relationship is headed...i hope today was just the beginning of many good days to come!

4 comments:

lynette said...

so sweet! i'm happy for the both of you!

Nat B. said...

I hope I can post an entry on my blog just like this one about Austin someday. : )

Steph said...

Jill...I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I love that girl so much, it is nice to hear she is feeling better. I can only imagine the tantrums I would throw if I felt sick all the time. Yuck.

You are such an amazing mom. I have so much to learn from you!

xoxoxoxoxo

val said...

What a fantastic picture of your angel daughter! So happy you have some answers.. I never knew! We love her in primary!!