6.08.2009

it was the one thing.


it was the one thing i had hoped to avoid as a parent of young children. 

i've heard horror stories from several of my mommy friends. stories that would turn even the strongest stomach. and until yesterday i had yet to experience it first hand.

that was until yesterday.

marc went in to get mitchell after his nap. it was dark and all he could see was a diaper-less mitch standing in his crib holding both arms in the air. upon closer inspection, marc discovered he was proudly displaying a giant wad of poop in his left hand. that's right. i said poop.

and as if that wasn't enough, in the other hand he was ever so gingerly rolling a smaller poo ball between his thumb and forefinger.

horrified, marc grabbed the lysol wipes, purell, and any other germ killing product he could find and proceeded to wipe down our child and everything around him.

but, wanna know the best part of the story?

i was at church.


8 comments:

jeny said...

i was actually laughing out loud while reading this! sorry Marc, it happens to the best of us ;)

Brooke said...

It's about dang time a daddy gets the poop in the crib fun! AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I agree with Jeny..this was laugh out loud funny! Nice post Jill...and as yucky as it was ...thanks for sharing!

lynette said...

Ha ha is right!

Steph said...

BAHHHHHH!!!!!! LOVE IT and LOVE THE SIMPSON PIC!!!!!!!

Administrator said...

I have heard other people with stories like this and it sounds horrible! I told Blake I would die if this ever happened to us!

Unknown said...

I have frequently found my son naked but have some how managed to escape the poop scenario ... been lucky enough to find pee soaked sheets instead! So funny it was Marc home and not you he he he!

Demarcus Family said...

Oh poor Marc! I would die if that ever happened to me! LOL

Brian & Kerrian said...

Oh wow Jill ~ Hudson did that to me right after Brooklyn was born only he spread it all over my coffee table!!!! Gotta love em ~ your blog is so cute, I love checkin gin with you, I hear that we are all doing lunch on the 1st :) FUN! I am exited to see you, it has been forever!