8.14.2009

how did you know?

dear son,


how did you know i needed a little extra love from you today?

you must have sensed my boredom with your not-so-charming behavior lately.

the screaming.
the whining.
the blatant disobedience.
the hitting.
the biting.
the laughing whenever we tell you "no"
the annoying back arching thing you do when i try to buckle your car seat.
and what is up with the not eating? dude. seriously.

you're not even terrible two yet {at least until the end of the month}.

so, throw me a bone would ya?

thankfully today when you woke up from your nap, i am certain you could tell i needed a little tlc.

so thank you for looking me right in the eye and sweetly saying "mama" before planting a juicy kiss right on my smacker. and it was an even nicer touch when you then laid your head tenderly on my shoulder and just stayed there quietly for a minute or two. what a sweet boy you are.

i'm sorry for letting your antics get to me. i need to remember that you are a toddler. and that you are a boy. naturally you want to test your boundaries.

and you do it well.

so the next time you huck a spoonful of mac-n-cheese at me and then laugh about it...i'll think of this day and that sweet moment we had.

and try to be more patient.


xo

mom

6 comments:

Diane N. said...

Cutest photo ever! Glad you got some sugar from your little man....

Ro said...

How naughty but so very cute!

Brooke said...

Atta boy Mitch! What a cute post..thanks for the smile.

Unknown said...

Thanks for making me smile. I have those days everyday....I wish the sweet moments stuck out more than the bad ones.

Heidi and Judd said...

Oh our cute Mitch, such a sweet boy! I love those moments to bad they are few and far between!

The Strong Family said...

That is the most adorable photo of Mitch. Such a handsome littleman you have.