9.10.2009

hold on to your hats people.


i am the proud new owner of an apron!


that's right.

and it's not just any apron, it will forever have special meaning.

my talented, lovely and thoughtful friend, kristi, handmade this one just for me. well, actually the one she made was inspired by the one pictured. but, i think her version is even better!

when she came by this morning, i just happened to be baking zucchini bread. which meant i got to try on and use my new apron right then and there.

and it was perfect!

i was overwhelmed with her kindness and almost teared up. what a amazing thing she did. sharing her time and talents with me. i will forever be grateful for not just the apron, but the love that went into it.

so, thank you my beautiful friend.

you made my day!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Jill,
You are very welcome and I am happy that the timing was perfect.
I don't want you to get food or anything else on your lovely clothes, so I felt an apron was in order and to hear that you have never worn one... well you must. I'm not saying that you need to be a submissive housewife while wearing it, (that's old fashioned)I'm just saying that you need to look as sassy and fashionable as you do while out and about while doing home keeping.
Enjoy.

lynette said...

does she have a shop? i want one!

Jill said...

yes she does...you could just ask her for the "jill special" :)

she is ever so talented and could really make whatever you'd like!

http://cheekyaprons.blogspot.com/

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

that kristi is infamous in my book for thoughful, tear inducing, unexpected gifts.

i can't wait to see the real thing.

i'm sure you look hot in it. :)

love you

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

sorry. i guess i was really excited about leaving that comment. not sure why it got on there so many times!

Jill said...

steph: you my dear are undisputed queen of thoughful, tear inducing, unexpected gifts....in my book.

love you. and love every adorable and unexpected blanket and dress you ever made for my kids.

man. i seriously have the coolest friends!