11.19.2009

beyond alarming.


i baked cookies the other night. which is something i rarely do, for good reason.


a reason i'll share in a moment.

this is the recipe i chose {thanks to my dear friend, kyong}

ginger snaps:

3/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. molasses
1 egg

combine the above ingredients and in a separate bowl, combine:

1 c. dark brown sugar, packed
2 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. ground cloves
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. salt

combine wet and dry ingredients and stir in 1/2 pkg. white chocolate chips by hand. roll into 1" balls and roll in white sugar. bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes. don't over-bake, they will still look "puffy."

this recipe yields approx. three dozen cookies.

three dozen.

remember that number.

i gave one plate to my dear friend steph.

marc ate two or three.

sydney ate two.

mitchell threw one on the floor.



and two days later.

they're gone.



do the math.

it's beyond alarming.

but there's a great big smile on my face {okay and my jeans are a little tighter}...so, all is well!

3 comments:

Jesica said...

Not alarming when you read that recipe! It sounds delish and I'm going to make some up today! I can't wait to try them!! Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

um. yeah... if we are all confessing here, you should know that I ate the whole plate...before I got home....dead serious!!!

Jill said...

jes: i was glad to hear you loved them as much as i do!

steph: baaaah! that totally made my night :) love you!