2.04.2010

randomness.

some things to think about for today {in case you didn't have enough already}...

have you been watching american idol?

people keep telling me i look like victoria beckham.

i'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

so, i did my very best puckered, malnourished, smile-less posh spice impression for comparison sake.



what do you think?

i'll tell you what i think....

i think that girl needs to eat a cheese burger and smile more often.

i read somewhere that she eats 800 calories a day.

800 calories?! i eat that for breakfast!

. . .

i attended my very first zumba class this week. it was so much fun!

but...i've never felt so white in all my life.

. . .

lady gaga. regardless of how you feel about her personally, i dare you to listen to her music and not have an overwhelming desire to shake your money maker.

whenever her song, bad romance, comes on the radio, mitchell sings along "rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah. roma-roma-mamaa. ga-ga-ooh-la-la".

hysterical.

and when it's over, he says...ma, more rah-rah's!

. . .

have you tried the new salads at wendy's? i won't confess how many times a week i go to the drive thru for chicken nuggets to feed my little nuggets. however, i rarely order anything for myself. we made a stop a couple days ago and the new apple pecan salad with pomegranate vinaigrette caught my eye...

it was delish! i highly recommend trying one.

. . .

words cannot express how badly i want someone to come to my house and clean my baseboards, blinds and floors.

i'm embarrassed to admit how long it's been since i've touched any of those surfaces.

. . .

i wonder how many times a day i say one or more of the following things to my children:

"please don't hurt your brother"
"c'mon guys, knock it off"
"stop hitting each other"
"leave each other alone"
"do you need a time out?"
"why can't you just get along?"

. . .

do your kids hate the crust on toast and eat their own boogers?

ick. why?

. . .

okay. that's all for today.

tell me, what's on your mind these days?

13 comments:

Elise said...

See my post. Oh how I love you Jillski. I am also loving the blogoshpere because I feel like I get my Jill hit everyday : D Is Chels moving close to you or what?

Anonymous said...

I don't know how VB functions on that many calories a day. Your brain doesn't function normally on anything less than 1200- so unhealthy!

What's on my mind today...I've been thinking about how healthcare reform is irrelevant without changing the one's lifestyle. If you aren't healthy, you are expensive. A bag of spinach is more expensive than an entire fast food meal, but a gym membership is cheaper than a triple bypass. Holla! That's what's on my mind!

Jill said...

e: how i love you. and yes, chels is moving to my neck of the woods. lucky me! now you just need to come and visit both of us! plus, vegas isn't far at all...

natalie: at least we know why she always looks so unhappy. 800 calories a day doesn't leave you enough energy to smile.

and a big, fat {no pun intended} amen to your opinion on healthcare.

The McMullin Family said...

Jill, I love reading your blog, it's so much fun! I've always thought you looked like her, and Kristin Cavallari!

Natalie said...

I of course have never seen you in person, but I love your attempt. I can certainly see why you'd get that from people.

Lady gaga is a guilty pleasure of mine. If she ever comes on when I'm alone in the car, I can't help but sing along.

I went to a zoomba class for the first time about a month ago. I went with some older ladies from my ward, not really knowing what it was when they invited me. It was a little shocking at first, but way fun. Very freeing. But yes, I too am very white.

Jill said...

heather: you're a sweetheart! thanks for making me smile! :)

natalie: have you been back to zumba? do you ever stop feeling like a fool? or is that part of the fun? :)

Natalie said...

I went once more, but life got a little crazy at the beginning of the new year and I can't seem to find a spare hour for it. I did feel a little more coordinated the second time. But that time I knew what to expect, so maybe I just had it in my mind that I wasn't going to worry about what I looked like as much. I'd love to go back when I get the chance.

jfishmag said...

Syd and Callie brought Bailey a piece of lime green paper covered in glitter today...they are too cute!

My Favourite Things said...

I can totally see it! I believe the 800 calorie thing...the girl is emaciated. lol

You Are My Fave said...

You do resemble her but you're a classier, non fake boob version. So therefore, better looking.

Steph said...

I've thought you were Posh-like for some time now. But yes, WAY cuter!

love the randomness.

love YOU

Julie said...

You are so funny! And let me say you are much prettier than Posh! I think I say all those comments as well, probably too much. And what is wrong with the crust? That is my favorite part.

Jill K said...

I agree with everyone else, you're much better looking than Posh!

And Zumba?!? I did that once and never again!

Keep the random posts coming.