5.20.2010

happiness is...




listening to your child pray.

and hearing things like...

"please bless that i can have a dream about me and mom cooking dinner together..."

"and please bless that dad can dream about winning a race. like a running race."

"bless mitchell to dream about catching cockroaches and putting them in jars.
because my brother likes to pick up bugs and he laughs when he holds them."

"and please bless the people in the earthquakes. the two earthquakes in chile and haiti. 
help the workers to use the old, old bricks to build new houses. 
and bless that they can have lots of medicine."

"oh, and i want to dream about running in flowers. lots of pretty flowers."

amen.
...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm dying of sweetness. What a little peach she is!

Anonymous said...

Reading that made me cry. That is the sweetest thing I've ever seen! I wish my daughter's prayers were as tender- because right now she refuses to say them. :( Hopefully it's just a two year old phase.

Diane N. said...

As Loretta would say, Oh my heart!" That brought tears . What an amazing spirit that girl has :)

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

So tender! I am loving it!

Hilary said...

Awh... that's SO sweet. I swear boys don't give prayers like that, or maybe I'm an awful mother.
Things cute rarely come up in prayers. Maybe my girl will fix that. :)

Chanda said...

quite simply...amazing!

Julie said...

Oh my, how cute is she?

These Are The Days said...

Too cute. I love hearing their cute prayers. Soph's latest is all about her bff. She interrupts EVERY single prayer to add..."bless Addi come my house, bless I go Addi's house." It's precious. Too bad we just moved away from sweet little Addi. :(

christensen crew said...

Oh that is so precious. Seriously...I have heard the most tender of little boy prayers, but as for sweet little girl prayers...this one melts me. So so precious.