5.12.2010

so i have this little problem.



whenever i bake cookies...

i single-handedly eat every. last. one. 

i have zero self control.

no switch inside that tells me when to stop.

no guilty conscience.

even the fact that my pants fit a little tighter won't get in my way.

so, the other day i thought of a brilliant solution.

nope. not to simply stop baking cookies...

that would be too easy.

my solution?

put the blasted things in the freezer 
so i won't be tempted every time i open my pantry
and see those freshly baked beauties staring back at me, 
taunting me to just have one more.

so, i put my ingenious plan into action.

after the last batch of cookies had been baked and cooled, 
i lovingly placed them into a ziploc freezer bag and into the vault they went.

there.

that oughta do it.

...

now i have a new little problem.

i really like frozen cookies.

...

10 comments:

Bridges Family said...

I was just going to say, have tried frozen cookies ... they are delicious too, I agree! Good luck with that one!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Been there tried that. Nothing can stop the tastiness of homemade cookies!

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

I love it! I tried that too! I actually like cookies frozen better now!

Happy SAHM said...

You should try Sensa, it helps with cravings and portion control--surprisingly, it worked for me too...

Nat B. said...

ya, don't even get me started on cookies, I can never pass one up. Pie, cake, pastries-I can turn down, but NEVER a cookie :) (Unless it has raisins in it)

Unknown said...

Seriously same reason I never bake cookies...and I too love frozen cookies!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I try not to bake cookies because I have the same problem. I try to only make them if I have people to share them with :)
I haven't tried a frozen cookie before. My husband likes to put his thin mint girl scout cookies in the freezer.

Brooke said...

I love all of your posts Jill. Really they are all GREAT....but every now and then you post something that makes me laugh out loud, maybe even snort a little? I SAID MAYBE..don't judge! hahaha

********** said...

That made me laugh! Cookies are my weakness too. Nice try trying to come up with a solution Ü

Stephanie said...

This is too funny. I love a good homemade cookie and also have no self control. I find myself making cookies "for my husband". Ha!