4.21.2011

baby steps.



yesterday, i put on my big girl pants and a little lipgloss and did something 
i haven't done much of in the past five weeks.

i left the house.

hey, you've gotta start somewhere, right?

these days i have to mentally prepare at least a few days in advance before such outings.

but after a moderately successful trip to walmart, i have to admit, 
the buildup was much worse than the actual event.

baby steps.

every day gets a little easier.

and as tricky as life is at the moment...
all it takes is a sweet little smile from tiny to remind me that this phase is only temporary.
and that i just might miss my crazy life when i no longer have diapers to change,
bottles to wash, itty-bitty clothes to fold and a freshly bathed baby to smell.

because, before you know it...
the baby steps will become my baby's steps.
...

8 comments:

Mrs. Hashimoto said...

cute mom. cute baby.

we love you guys :)

tharker said...

You and the little miss are both beautiful!

I know what you mean. I think with the addition of each child, it adds at least an extra 30 minutes just to get out of the door. Even if it was only to the grocery store, it seems like you're preparing for an extended trip, with all of the stuff you cart along. Extra diapers, wipes, outfit, burp cloth, binky, snacks for the other kids, water bottles...really the list is ridiculous ;)

But, it does feel SO good just to get out of the house. Did I mention that my baby is now 17 months old and it still feels like it takes an eternity to get us all out the door? Oh, crap. I'm probably not helping am I? ;)

Silver Strands said...

well said!

Demarcus Family said...

wow you look cute AND your bed is made? yhou are like super woman!

These Are The Days said...

Walmart of all places...wow, you ARE brave. :) You look fab and I LOVE your bedroom set, lamp, bench and bedding in the background. Oh and tiny...she's adorable!

lynette said...

yes, yes, and YES! three kids turned my life around, but in a good way too! i love her little grin in the photo! too cute!

Julie said...

You look just beautiful! I know this sweet little time will pass by so fast...

Brian & Kerrian said...

Congrats Jill on your beautiful Ava. She is adorable! Best of luck with everything ~ your so right though, those precious moments somehow make it all worth it!