2.23.2010

restraint.


i certainly didn't wake up with the thought that, "hey, i think i'll consume my entire body weight in homemade banana bread today."

and yet somehow i did.

but i must say, i enjoyed every single calorie.

go on, try it...i dare you to not eat the entire loaf.



Sour Cream Banana Bread

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. margarine, softened
2 eggs
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 t. salt
1 or 2 mashed bananas
1 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bread pan. Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add bananas and sour cream. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Pour into pan. Bake about 1 hour. Test with toothpick. Cool 20 minutes and turn out.

3 comments:

Jill K said...

Every morning I wake up with the intent to eat my weight in anything. Mostly burritos.

Banana bread IS really hard to resist.

These Are The Days said...

It probably doesn't take too long to eat your weight in anything. :) I LOVE banana bread and I rarely make it for that very reason...I eat most of it. I'll have to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing it.

Glad your quilt day was a hit...you rock!

Julie said...

Yum. You should try Banana bars from sisterscafe.blogspot.com. They are to die for.