2.07.2011

should i be worried?



less than six weeks to go over here.

ask me how prepared i am.

no really, ask me.

okay, since you asked....

the crib is in the garage, in pieces and needs to be painted.
for some reason, mitchell tried to eat it when he was teething 
and it looks like it was attacked by a beaver.
to buy: sandpaper and paint.

my once cream crib sheet is now pink-ish from the time i put 
mitchell to bed in some brand new {heavily pigmented} red pajamas.
to buy: one new crib sheet.

my changing pad used to have velcro straps that kept it on the table.
not anymore.
and i don't even know what to tell you about that.
they're just gone.
to buy: one new changing pad {with safety straps}

diapers.
this one seems like a no brainer, but i just can't bring myself to do it.
might have something to do that i just stopped buying size six diapers like a month ago.
to buy: itty-bitty diapers.

a nursery.
duh.
it's not like i haven't had plenty of notice.
{like eight months worth}
this kid is going to need a place to sleep.
and at the moment, i am typing this in the very room 
that needs to be transformed from a den to a nursery.

i just can't seem to get motivated.
i guess i could blame it on the fact that i'm no longer sleeping at night...
but, not to worry, i'm sure that will improve once the baby gets here.
{are you sensing the sarcasm?}

the bright side?
there really isn't much a newborn needs.
just a mom to love, feed and change it.
and i don't think any of that will be a problem.
{especially the love part}.

so, wish me luck on the preparations.

that, or submit my name to HGTV for an extreme nursery makeover.

either one will do.
...

5 comments:

These Are The Days said...

Seriously you should submit yourself to something like that. Really, not kidding!! I'll bet they'd totally go for it. Good luck...I'm tired just thinking about it. :) Not kidding about that either. Ha.

Hil said...

How exciting! Best of luck with all the preparation.

p.s. newborn diapers are SO STINKIN CUTE when you are used to the size huge ones from your toddler. :) Just sayin.

Nat B. said...

It made me smile to read this post. Not because you still have a bunch to do before the litter peanut gets here, but because you always seem to have it together. It's nice to know I am not the only one that started to let things go about the time #3 came along. :) And you are so right, all they really need is lots of love.

Anonymous said...

Diapers are really the only important thing on your list. Our babies slept in the bassinet in our room for months, and I never had a changing table (opted for a towel folded on the floor in the corner of my bedroom). We never had a nursery, and I never missed it. The baby won't miss any of the extras either, so I say let it all go. It will all get done eventually...or not!

Kristen said...

I read this last night in my bed while trying to get comfortable. which did not happen until about 6 am. I said to myself, " I feel the same way!" Only my list is different. I gave away all of my baby girl newborn stuff because it was all warm weather clothes. now I have to purchase a laundry list of things! ahhh! I supposed if we remember sweet Juleen for her famous saying, It will all work out! and I guess it will be okay ready or not!